Tuesday 13 September 2011

♥ Bobbin Box Tutorial ♥ by Sara Arts

Today I will show you how I make a  
handmade Bobbin Box with recycled materials.

Usually I don’t throw away quite anything from packaging and old stuff. 
I know it’s not possible for all among you, materials need space to be stored, 
but it’s a sort of challenge for me to reuse them.

Follow me and you will be able to create your own gorgeous Bobbin Box 
in less than an hour, with no cost and lots of fun…;))))))

Sara Arts - Handmade Bobbin Box

Let’s start then!!!..;))))






1)  Choose a box, that it’s big enough for all your bobbins. My box is quite small, but you will take it just as sample. It comes from my TV packaging…;))) 


Sara Arts - Bobbin Box Tutorial - step 1


2) You need thick paper; I use part of a coffee set box, as you can see below

Sara Arts - Bobbin Box Tutorial - step 2


  3)  Measure your box. My own is 11 cm wide, 12 cm long and 2.5 cm high.

Sara Arts - Bobbin Box Tutorial - step3

 4)     Now you can start planning the inside structure. I want to order my bobbins one by one. One needs a space of approximately 2 cm, so I realize a structure in order to have single bobbin boxes: 2cm long and aprox. 2.5cm wide each.

Sara Arts - Bobbin Box Tutorial - step 4


5)     It’s time to cut the thick paper in strips. I make: 
                                  - 5 strips: 11 cm long and 2.5 cm high
                                  - 3 strips: 12 cm long and 2.5 cm high

Then I make cuts of approximately 1 cm along the strips. In the picture below, you can see how I do it:

Sara Arts - Bobbin Box Tutorial - step 5

        6) Now I widen the cuts along the strips. It will help me to build quickly the structure.

Sara Arts - Bobbin Box Tutorial - step 6


7)     The inside structure is done.


Sara Arts - Bobbin Box Tutorial - step 7


8) Few steps more to make it professional…;))))) As you see below it needs some changes. I will shorten the three strips 12 cm long cutting approximately 5 mm each side. I will close my Bobbin Box easier.

Sara Arts - Bobbin Box Tutorial - step 8


9) Now I need to find a solution to fix the structure in the center. Do you remember the thick paper I used before? Well I make two more strips with it: 11cm long and 2.5 cm high.

Sara Arts - Bobbin Box Tutorial - step 9


10) I put them on each side of the structure and close my Ribbon Box perfectly.

Sara Arts - Bobbin Box Tutorial - step 10


11) Here….

Sara Arts - Bobbin Box Tutorial - step 11


This is my handmade Bobbin Box…;))))… If you will follow my tutorial for your own box, please send me a picture of it. It would be great to see your gorgeous boxes. 





Oggi vi mostrero' come costruire  
una scatola per ordinare le bobine 
che servono per cucire.



Mi piace conservare cose vecchie e gli imballaggi degli oggetti che compro, 
non butto via quasi nulla.

Lo so che non sempre è possibile per tutti, richiede un sacco di spazio, 
ma per me è quasi come una sfida a inventare mille modi per riutilizzarlo.



Seguimi e potrai scoprire come realizzare la tua Scatola per le Bobine 
in meno di un'ora, senza spendere nulla e divertendoti...;))))



Iniziamo!!!!..;)))...
 nella parte in inglese del tutorial potrai consultare le foto, 
qui hai la traduzione del testo...buon divertimento.



1) Scegli una scatola che sia grande abbastanza per le tue bobine. La mia è piccola, ma ti servirà come esempio. Apparteneva all'imballaggio della mia televisione...;)))

2) Cerca della carta spessa. Puoi usare la parte interna di una scatola di un servizio da caffè come faccio io.

3) Prendi le misure della tua scatola. La mia è 11 cm larga, 12 cm lunga e 2,5 cm alta.

4) Possiamo iniziare a pensare a come creare la struttura interna. Per esempio io voglio dividere le mie bobine una per una, ognuna ha bisogno circa di 2 cm di spazio. Creo, quindi, la struttura in modo da ottenere scomparti: lunghi 2 cm e larghi circa 2.5 cm.

5) Taglio:

- 5 strisce lunghe 11 cm e 2.5 cm alte

- 3 strisce lunghe 12 cm e 2.5 cm alte

Poi faccio piccoli tagli, profondi circa 1 cm, lungo le strisce. Nella parte in inglese punto 5 troverai la foto con il mio schema.

6) Ora allargo i tagli lungo le strisce, Mi servirà per montare agevolmente la struttura
7) Ecco la struttura interna completa
8) Ora ancora pochi punti per migliorare il nostro progetto...;))) Come puoi vedere dalla foto al punto 8 della parte in inglese
bisogna accorciare le tre strisce orizzontali di circa 5 mm per parte. In questo modo la scatola si chiuderà facilmente
9) Ora ho bisogno di fissare la struttura al centro della base della scatola. Ti ricordi la carta spessa che ho usato prima? Bene faccio due strisce ancora lunghe 11 cm e alte 2.5 cm
10) Le posiziono ai lati e in questo modo la scatola si chiude senza problemi.
11) Eccoci alla fine...


Sara Arts - Handmade Bobbin Box Tutorial




Questa è la mia handmade Bobbin Box...;)))) Segui il mio tutorial e mandami la foto della tua strepitosa Bobbin Box, ci conto!!!!

xx,
Sara 











3 comments:

  1. Ciao Sara, non sai quant'è che penso a come sistemare le mie bobine!!! ottima idea... mi sa che la copio!!!
    Ciao Clod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Clod,
      sono felice che la mia idea ti sia piaciuta.....appena realizzi la tua "Bobbin Box" mandami le foto...non vedo l'ora di vederla!!!

      a presto,
      Sara

      Delete
  2. fantastica idea...le mie bobine sono sempre in un mucchio aggrovigliato! :) lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to take your time and send me a comment. I will replay to you soon, come back and read my message.

If you like you may follow Sara Arts also via Facebook and Google+, join me and be connect. Help each other to spread out our love for Creativity and Arts!!!

If you are a blogger too, I look forward to have a tour in your "little world".
I love to hear from you!!!!

Xx
Sara Arts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...